We recommend that you read the following details carefully.
“Health Information” is information or an opinion about an individual’s health or disability, the health services provided or to be provided to them, their expressed wishes for the provision of future health services, personal information collected to provide a health service, Personal Information collected in connection with organ and body-part donation, and predictive genetic information.
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the opinion is true or not and whether or not the information is stored in a material form or not.
What kinds of information will we collect and hold?
The kinds of Personal Information that we commonly collect and hold from you or about you include your name, gender, address, phone and mobile numbers, email address, date of birth and interests. We may also collect other types of Personal Information such as your travel experience, objectives, preferences, plans, photos and style and any other information in connection with your travel plan and/or experience.
When you browse the TRM Hospitality Platform or contact us electronically, we may record geographical tagging, cookies, statistical data and your IP (internet protocol) address to help customise your user experience and to administer the TRM Hospitality Platform.
To make an accommodation reservation via the TRM Hospitality Platform, you may be requested to provide details of a payment mechanism, such as bank and credit card details, authentication code and billing address. We will securely transmit this information to the supplier of the travel reservation or booking to complete the transaction. Please note that we do not generally bank details, although we may store your credit card details until you request us to delete such details.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you or about you unless there is a legal requirement to do so, or unless we are otherwise permitted by law. In all other situations, we will specifically seek your consent.
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
TRM Hospitality may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
How do we collect that information?
We collect Personal Information from you or about you in a number of ways, including:
- When you visit and interact with the TRM Hospitality, such as through Web Live Chat, Email, Reserve, etc.
- When you sign up an account with us or sign up for our newsletter.
- Submit correspondences to or otherwise communicates with us or via TRM Hospitality platform, whether in writing or by email, facsimile or post.
- When making a direct travel reservation or booking via the TRM Hospitality platform.
- When you share your travel experience via the TRM Hospitality Platform or otherwise provide reviews, opinions and feedback about your travel experience or destination.
- When you browse the TRM Hospitality Platform and/or other linked or associated social media platforms
- When you provide any other material to us or to any other persons connected to your travel plan; and
- Through information about you, that is available on the internet or that is otherwise published.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities and any third-party service provider who is contracted to provide payment processing services. Where you have provided us with the Personal Information of another person (e.g. your travel companion or partners), you confirm that every person whose Personal Information has been provided to us by you has been notified of this and has agreed to the collection, process, disclosure and use of their personal information as set out in this Policy and any of our terms and conditions. You also confirm that you will inform such persons that they may have rights of access to, and correction of, their personal information.
In addition, in connection with your use of the TRM Hospitality Platform, we may also collect cookies and IP address from your computer, which enables us to tell when you use the TRM Hospitality Platform and also to help customize your user experience.
You can be anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us, unless:
- The use of your true identity is a legal requirement; or
- It is impracticable for us to deal with you on such a basis.
How do we hold that information?
Your Personal Information is held and stored on paper, by electronic means or both. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for Personal Information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, TRM Hospitality may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
TRM Hospitality may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of TRM Hospitality
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information
Generally, we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information to assist you, your travel partners and/or other users in planning your trips, to provide services we offer and to provide you with travel-related information.
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information from you or about you primarily for the following purposes (where applicable):
- To establish, maintain and administer your account;
- To provide our services to you, including assisting you in your travel plan and in making reservations or bookings in connection with your future trips;
- To answer your queries and communication with you in general;
- To assist and facilitate payments for any bookings or reservations made by you via the TRM Hospitality Platform;
- For our administrative and accounting functions, fraud checks, marketing and promotions, newsletter communications, website traffic analysis;
- To allow you to share your review, experience, feedback, opinions, photos and/or other content to all or some of the other users of the TRM Hospitality Platform;
- To measure interest in a particular destination;
- To send you news, promotional or other information about tours, accommodations, flights and/or other products or services offered by us and/or our partners, unless you opt out;
- For reporting, research and analysis purposes in order to help develop tourism;
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on the TRM Hospitality Platform;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
Where we use your Personal Information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us.
We will also disclose your information to third party contractors or providers that we retain or use to assist us providing services to or for you, including database design contractors, our internet service provider and our professional advisers (such as our accountants or lawyers).
We may also share certain information about you or your travel plan or experience with the following entities:
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction.
- Members within the TRM Hospitality Group to allow us to provide you with information about products and services, both travel-related and other, which might be of interest to you.
- Other users of the TRM Hospitality Platform if you choose to create a profile on the TRM Hospitality Platform or share your travel experience, feedback or reviews with other users or the public via the TRM Hospitality Platform; however, we do not generally share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including business partners, advertisers and/or government stakeholders for the purposes set out above and/or of reporting, research and analysis purposes. Please note that this information does not contain any personal information about you unless you have consented to the disclosure or use of your personal information.
We will not disclose Personal Information about you for any other purposes, except that we may disclose or use your Personal Information where:
- We are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information; or
- Such disclosure is authorized or permitted by the APP, law or you.
What is the main consequence for you if you do not provide your information to us?
You can choose not to provide your Personal Information to us. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information to us, you may be unable to:
- Use or navigate the TRM Hospitality Platform or any engage in certain TRM Hospitality Platform related activities;
- Receive any relevant travel-related offerings from TRM Hospitality and its partners and suppliers;
- participate in discussion forums;
- Share your travel experience, feedback, reviews, photos and suggestions to other users of the TRM Hospitality Platform;
- Make travel reservations and bookings for your future trips; and/or
- Communicate with us regarding your queries.
Additionally, if you do not provide your Personal Information to us, we may be unable to:
- Assist you in your travel plan and making any related bookings or reservations such as tours, flights, accommodations, dining etc;
- Provide you with information about your proposed travel destination or relevant to your travel plans;
- Answer your enquiry; and/or
- Provide any other services that you or your organization has contracted us to provide.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the
USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).